Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Philly








So I love Philly! I had such a blast there this weekend! My friend Ela (whom last I saw/met was in 2000 for about 2 weeks at a harceski Zlot) goes toUPenn and she invited me to come out for a weekend so we could catch up and hang out. I got there early Saturday afternoon and her and her friend (also polish) Sebastian picked me up from the train station and we had lunch and went tailgating at Villanova University (she went there for her undergrad its also in Philly) we just walked around and yelled at people from the opposing team mostly. She is in some dental fraternity thing and they had this whole dinner thing at this really fancy club house, she took me and Sebastian as her dates. There were rooms with all these presidential paintings and stuff. There was a wedding going on across the hall from the dinner so we snooped around and made our way to the open bar and then the dance floor. The professional photog even took pictures of us dancing and stuff. It was great! And afterwards the fraternity hosted an open grey goose cocktail and dessert party at some bar/lounge in the downtown area of Philly. It was great there was dancing and lots of boozing.
Sunday we walked around the historic parts I saw the liberty bell, the rocky stairs, and some other cool buildings. The weather was pretty shitty so we just ended up walking around the UPenn area grabbed tea, went to kosciol, and then headed to a bar. I barely made my train back to New York.
This weekend was so fun! And it was great re-sparking an old friendship! Ela kind of reminds me of Aggie so you can only imaging what kind of ridiculousness went on those two days. Way fun!

No comments: