Monday, November 26, 2007

Grocery Shopping

One thing that will definitely take some getting used to will be grocery shopping. There are no decent supermarkets on this Island!!! Everything is crazy expensive and organic! There is a Whole Foods on almost every corner and only one Trader Joes. I miss Vons! So the other day Filip and I went to Trader Joes the place was so packed that it took us almost an hour to load up our shopping carts! And then we saw the line which was woven in and out of aisles (hence why it took so long to get around) we both were so tired and decided it wasn't worth it to wait so we opted to leave our carts and go to Whole Foods instead. We were very slick in leaving the carts full without anyone noticing and yelling at us. We got to whole foods and by this time we were both tired and so over it that we just ended up going to get smoothies next door and taking the subway back home. This is why I have been eating peanut Butter and Jelly out of the jar for the past two days! I am going to attempt to go again tonight, but this time I am going to go right before the place closes! Or I might just get lazy and do what appears is the New Yorkers way of shopping: Order Groceries online and have them delivered to my door. There are fantastic Farmer's Markets on Sunday so I will buy my fruits and veggies there.

No comments: