Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Szajda of a Weekend




This past weekend I was invited to go up to Connecticutt to hang with Filip's Familia and attend the 50-cie Lecie Harcerstwa w New Britan, CT zabawa. It was such a great weekend! I drove up with Pawela and Marina I have never been to CT so the drive was really interesting and fun! It is full on Fall here so all the tree leaves have turned colors and it is so beautiful especially when driving on roads lined with trees!






Filip's whole family got together for this event so we had a full house and you could see how ridiculously happy Mama and Tata were to have all of their kids + 1 grandkid under one roof!
We had a great time at the zabawa and even got to sing a few of my favorite Harcerskie songs at the "kominek" before hand. Kind of made me miss my mundur and LA harcerki! I saw Druhna Backiel who was komendantka of my Kurs in Wisconsin back in 2001! At the end of our 2 week lesbo-fest (the camp was girls only and we got to see boys only one weekend) she gave us these tiny wrapped gifts with a bow and a little note attached to it. I forget what the note says but it was somewhere along the lines of how these memories and friendships we formed during our time together were worth more then any materialistic item that could be wrapped and put in a box. I told her I still had my "gift" and that I really appreciated those 2 weeks!



Sunday we all went to church, hung out at dziadek's house and then went out to lunch for Chinese. It was such a nice weekend and being around Filip's family made me miss mine so much! I can't wait for Christmas!!



Also Adam's and Jenny's little man Tyler is so precious! He just gets cuter each time I see him!!

No comments: