Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the "count back"

Funny thing happened at lunch today... half way thru eating our sashimi and spicy tuna roll OG and I were discussing babies and I mentioned that I wanted one before 30, but before doing so would want to be married for a couple years and travel... then we did the "count back" and realized that at this very moment I should be starting a relationship with the future father of my unborn children... funny how this discussion occurs the day after somebody tells me they don't want to be in a committed relationship and want to be "just friends." Now I'm not one that does the whole "planning" and "age deadline" thing but it was a little bit of a reality check. Now of course living in New York is also a whole different culture. People that are 40 still put up ads for roommates on craigslist and 30 year olds party as if they were still 21! 

I'm really interested to see where I will be in 5 to 6 years... but I do believe in living in the NOW and letting things fall into place as they happen. But I also believe that the actions and decisions one makes in the NOW do set the pace and tone of the future. So, for now I think I will try to be more open to taking a risks and going out of my comfort zone and see what happens.

No comments: